The Concrete House in Centreville houses two galleries; the Macdonald Gallery in the main part of the house which is dedicated to presenting the work of Charles Macdonald and the Hazelwood Gallery which presents curated exhibits.
The Macdonald Gallery
The Macdonald Gallery celebrates the lifeworks of Charles and Mabel Macdonald. Shows have included themed oil and watercolour exhibits, snapshots of 1898 Havana, and Mabel’s “Expulsion of the Acadians” rug, drawn by Charlie and hooked by Mabel.
The Hazelwood Gallery
The Hazelwood Gallery is named after Harley Hazelwood who repatriated the bulk of Charlie’s oil paintings and watercolours from Ontario back to Nova Scotia. Upon his death, Harley bequeathed the collection to the Society. The gallery offers space to local artists.